Norton is an ultimate security software that will protect your device and data from all emerging as well as existing online threats. But sometimes you might get error messages. These errors hinder the working of the application. In order to resolve the error, you might try reinstalling the Norton subscription. For Norton Reinstall look at the complete document given below.
The first step of the Norton Reinstall process is to uninstall the Norton application. You can uninstall the application by following the process given below.
- Click the Start Menu button> Control Panel> Programs> programs and Features.
- This will open a list of installed applications on your device. From this list, locate the Norton application.
- Right-click the Norton application. From the extended list, select “Uninstall”.
- Open the Norton application.
- From the menu bar which is located at the top left corner of the screen, click the Norton Security option.
- Select the “Uninstall” option from the extended list.
- From the dialog box that appears, click the “Uninstall” tab.
- If prompted, then enter your Mac administrator username and password.
- After the completion of the process, click the “Restart” option.
This will successfully uninstall the Norton application from your device. After that, you can move to the next step of the Norton Reinstall process i.e. installation.
Norton Installation / Norton Reinstall
Before you start with the installation process, you first have to access the downloaded setup file of Norton. You will find this file in your downloads folder or in the location where you have saved the file. In case, you won’t get your file, then you have to download the file either from your Norton account or from the link provided in the confirmation mail.
After getting the setup file, you can start with the installation process. For installing, follow the process mentioned below.
- First of all, double-click the downloaded setup file of Norton subscription.
- Then, a Security Warning popup box will display. This popup box asks you to allow the application to run on your device. For permitting, click the “Run” tab.
- You might also get a User Account Control prompt for allowing the application to make the required changes on your device. Grant the permission by clicking the “Yes” button.
- Further, you will get the License Agreement window. Norton recommends its users to move further with the process only after reading the license agreement. For this, click the link provided there and read the whole document carefully. After reading, tap the “Agree and Install” tab for accepting the terms and conditions of Norton.
- In case you are trying the Norton Reinstall process on a Mac device, then a popup box will appear. In the popup box, you have to enter your Mac administrator’s username and password. After entering the credentials and tap the “Install” button.
- This will begin the installation process. The installation process might take a few minutes to get completed. Hence, you have to wait patiently for the successful completion of the process.
After the successful completion of the installation process, you have to activate your Norton’s subscription. For Norton Reinstall, you have to activate your Norton with the key code that you have received at the time of purchase of Norton subscription.